You have the ability to access your hosted RDP session from a Mac OS. To access you will need to download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. The following steps will instruct you on how to access your session using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app.
Note: Microsoft upgraded Microsoft Remote Desktop to version 10 which changed the interface, they also announced discontinuing previous versions in August 2018, these instructions reflect the new interface and version.
- Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the Mac App Store.
- Once downloaded and installed, click and open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. (It is recommended that you pin this icon to your Dock)
- You will see the following screen. Click on the "gear" icon and then Preferences.
- On the Preferences window click on General and then click Choose Folder from the drop-down under "If folder redirection...".
- Use Shift + Command + H to select the users Home Folder or select the Home Folder from the drop-down and click Choose.
- On the Preferences window click on User Accounts and then click on the + sign to access the Add User Account pop-up.
- Fill in your User Name and Password in the Add User Account pop-up and click Save.
- Close the Preferences window to return to the main screen.
- Click on the + sign to add a new Remote ResourcesWorkspace
NOTE Depending on the Version of Remote desktop installed: This may also be listed as Feeds or Workspaces Remote Resources Choose Feeds or Workspaces Remote Resources and Add a Feed or WorkspaceRemote Resources.
- Fill in provided workspace(or Feed) URL (https://login.eshacloud.com/RDweb/feed/webfeed.aspx). Click "Add" (or "Find Feed").
- Select your User Account (previously added above) and click "Add Feed" or "Add Workspace" (make sure the URL matches https://login.eshacloud.com/RDweb/feed/webfeed.aspx)
- Double click on your new Remote Resource to log into the hosted environment.
Note: You will have remote resources corresponding to the programs you have subscriptions for (IE: Genesis R&D Foods, ESHA Port etc) and a File Explorer for Accessing Files
You have now successfully set up access to your RDP environment on your Mac.
How to Sign In:
- You will always use the Microsoft Remote Desktop application to access your hosted session.
- Once you have set up access by completing the above steps, you can simply launch the Microsoft Remote Desktop application and select your Remote Desktop from the Workspaces or Remote Resources list (Shown in final screenshot) for future logins.